Pages

Friday 20 March 2020

Love in the Time of Corona

I have shamelessly stolen that title from one of my fellow English teachers (thank you, Bidita!), but it seemed fitting for my first post in over 5 years!

Yes, let that sink in. 5 years. I thought I had packed it in. Life had taken over (in more ways than one) and the blog no longer seemed important to me. It was simply an artefact of my past. But recent events seem to have made the virtual life more important than ever. So I am giving this one last go. We'll see how long it lasts.

Brief update:

1) (Surprise) Baby Number 3 was born in April 2018. We have a boy to complete our family. I am struggling to find an appropriate nickname for him. Stay tuned. Crumpet and Cupcake are now 11 and (almost) 8, respectfully. Time flies.

2) We have very sadly lost both of my parents-in-law, which makes me ever more homesick. The current global situation, and the fact that I actually can't go home, doesn't help matters. This has definitely made us take stock as a family. Again, stay tuned.

No comments: