Pages

Monday 16 August 2010

Blogger's Remorse

It seems like it's been ages since I last blogged. Every time I think to write a post, I get distracted by something else. Since we've returned from our month-long visit to the States, I've caught up with friends, taken Crumpet strawberry picking (twice), tried out a couple of new recipes, and even managed to get some work done for the upcoming school year (and I don't even go back to work until next week). I've been doing a little bit each night -- a lesson plan here, an essay idea there. Hopefully, when I do go back and pick up two new IB Diploma-level English courses (in addition to the middle school courses I already teach), I won't be ready to tear my hair out. And I've been writing again, though I won't say too much about that because I get a bit superstitious talking about it. But hopefully good things will come out of my newfound inspiration.

We've got a busy couple of months ahead of us -- The Other Half's youngest brother's wedding this week, my return to work full-time (which will take some adjustment for all of us), a work trip to the Isle of Wight and a possible one to Barcelona for a workshop. Oh, and our four-year anniversary and Crumpet's second birthday. So, even though I haven't been posting as regularly as I would have liked, if you follow my blog (regularly or just occasionally) be patient with me and I'm sure I'll have some more exciting entries coming up.

2 comments:

Michelloui said...

It's so difficult trying to 'do it all' isn't it?! I had to chuckle at your superstitions about talking about your writing. Ive got those same ones, although I've tried to let go of them a bit. Sometimes talking about the writing out loud helps me see glaring plot problems or whatever. Have fun the next few weeks, sounds busy but all good stuff!

Angela said...

That does make sense, Michelloui, and it's actually very hard to keep my mouth shut sometimes, but I think my superstitions are mainly due to a lack of confidence. Which has only really occurred since I have been out of practice, which should tell me something.