Pages

Sunday 20 April 2014

Hiatus

Just two days ago, I was sitting with a good friend at a McDonald's in my hometown, and I was reminded of how long it has been since I have posted anything on my blog. Not counting my last post around Christmas, in which I ironically (and maybe somewhat tipsily) promised to post more, it has been about a year since I have shared anything meaningful.

I don't really have an excuse for my hiatus. I haven't really even consciously thought of the blog. The fact is, since I went back to work after maternity leave last February, my feet have barely touched the ground. Every holiday, I have these grand plans to get myself organized (mentally and physically), to devote some real time to my writing (be it this blog or the other projects brewing in my head or left unfinished on my desktop), etc., etc. But, inevitably, when the holidays finally arrive I find myself with little motivation to sit down and write, and that's sort of a scary thought. To be honest, I have even contemplated retiring my blog, but in the end I've reminded myself that my purpose was never to chronicle every detail of my life but, instead, highlight some of the more interesting moments and quirky anecdotes from our Anglo-American life. The fact that I actually have readers who care to keep up with these stories is a bonus.

So if you're a regular reader and have been wondering where I've been, I'm sorry. I'll try to pop in a little more often from now on.

No comments: