Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Lazy Summer Days

School is officially out for the summer. For me, at least. Crumpet still has another two weeks left, which has actually given me some time to spend alone with Cupcake and get a few things done around the house. More importantly, it has given me time to have regular afternoon naps. I would feel guilty, but coming off of one of the most emotionally and physically draining terms of my career, I am allowing myself that small luxury. Especially since on my first full day off (my birthday, no less) I sprained my ankle in a rather dramatic and clumsy fashion.

As I said, it has been an intense few months. On top of that, I am starting a year-long course in international education this month, which should be interesting but also time-consuming. I'm looking forward to being a student again, but I'm also hoping that my head is still on straight by this time next year.

We do have a couple of mini-breaks planned for the summer, starting with an escape to Hampshire, where we will stay in one of these:


I am planning a technological detox during the week we're there; let's hope I succeed.

After our yurting adventure, I am taking Crumpet on a special overnight trip to Paris on the Eurostar. We'll eat croissants and crepes, see the Eiffel Tower, check out the gargoyles on Notre Dame, and hopefully have enough sunshine and warmth to enjoy a splash in one of the pools at the Paris Plages on the banks of the Seine.


This summer, I'm not setting myself any major goals. What gets done gets done, and what doesn't will have to wait. The life of a teacher is never dull, and I don't think I actually relaxed once this past year. I will more than make up for it this summer.

No comments: