Pages

Sunday 6 June 2010

Packing for One

I am off tomorrow on a 4-day school trip to Jersey (the one in the Channel Isles, not the one on the east coast of the USA), so today I have been running around doing laundry, printing itineraries, and organizing Crumpet's food and clothes to make things easier for Daddy in my absence (although, to be fair, I know I shouldn't worry too much because he's sometimes better at the daily rituals than I am; he does have lots of practice as the "primary carer"). The thing I'm finding hardest (apart from the impending separation anxiety I'm sure I'll experience) is remembering that I only have to pack for myself. What's that like? I'm so used to packing the house that it's weird realizing I do have room for an extra pair of shoes (even though I know I shouldn't pack them because I probably won't wear them). I must remind myself that I don't need to pack nappies, wipes, or distracting toys. Although the latter might come in handy for some of the 13-year-olds I'll be chaperoning.

No comments: