Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2010

The View from a New Decade

I woke up this morning to a new decade. No, I haven't suddenly learned to time-travel. As of 9:21 a.m., I am no longer twenty-something. But to be honest, I don't really feel that different. Perhaps if I wasn't so "settled" in my personal life, I'd feel differently, but the fact is that turning 30 hasn't caused me to have an identity crisis or an emotional breakdown. In fact, I look forward to my thirties. I'd never want to repeat my awkward teenage years, and though I had some good times in my twenties and experienced some of life's milestones (highlights being, of course, graduating from college and graduate school, meeting and marrying The Other Half, and giving birth to my first child) overall I was far too self-concious. At 30, I feel much more confident in myself. Perhaps I'll feel differently in another 10 years, but right now the view from a new decade looks pretty good.

No comments: