Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2011

My Little Francophile

As preparation for our spring holiday to France, I have been enlightening Crumpet on all things Gallic ("all things" being "all things that appeal to a two-and-a-half-year-old," that is). She is very excited about tasting France's famous cheese and grapes, and she knows that Mummy and Daddy will be drinking wine (I managed to convince her that grape juice is better and will be her special drink). I have also been teaching her the very basic, school-girl French I know. So tonight I asked her, "Can you tell me what you know how to say in French?" Without missing a beat (and with perfect pronunciation) she said, "Bonjour. Je m'appelle Crumpet." (Well, of course she didn't say "Crumpet," but I don't want to ruin her anonymity.) At this rate, maybe we'll have a translator should we decide to hop the Channel one day.

No comments: