Pages

Friday 29 April 2011

An Afternoon Tea Fit for a (Future) Queen

Well, they've said their "I Dos" (or, technically, "I Wills") and sealed it with two kisses seen round the world.

We started today with a mimosa to toast the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton and finished it with a very traditional afternoon tea. The title of this post may be a little bit of an exaggeration, but the tea did turn out pretty well, as you can see below. The macaroons were a little crumbly, but they tasted good, and the shortbread and lemon meringue cupcakes (both first attempts) were a success.

Watching the coverage of the wedding did make me feel the tiniest twinge of regret that we didn't venture into London to take part in the festivities, but in the end I think we got a much better view at home. It's funny how easy it is to get caught up in all the hype and celebration. I think I could get used to all this pomp and circumstance. In fact, the idea of becoming one of the Queen's "subjects" when I get my British citizenship doesn't seem so weird anymore; it seems like a bit of a fairy tale itself.

No comments: